Sep 14, 2022 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Virtual
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
3:00 PM to 5:00 PM (ET): 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM (PT)
This course will increase your value as an influential employee by teaching you how to manage the leading risks of construction contracts, owner controlled insurance programs (OCIPs), and jobsite and contract risk, as well as how to lower insurance costs and increase profitability. Learn the key financial metrics that bonding companies look for to extend maximum surety credit as well as best practices for managing the insurance year, the art of effectively interfacing with both internal and external partners, and how to mitigate risk from a project standpoint. Discover how effective risk management can provide you with a competitive edge and become a major profit center for your company.
After this session, attendees will be able to:
- Design and implement an effective risk management strategy at their company
- Determine how risk management touches all facets of company operations
- Interface with internal and external key players to make risk management a competitive advantage tool
- Identify the factors in managing and mitigating risk in specific projects
- Explain the life cycles of project risk management, strategic company risk management, and insurance program management
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group-live program at the Intermediate Level. A basic understanding of insurance products, surety requirements, and contract risks in the construction project process as well as at least three years of experience in construction financial management is recommended.
Earn 2.0 CPE credits in the field of Management Services.
Who Should Attend?
· Risk Managers
· CPAs who provide services to construction clients and insurance agents and brokers
- $75 for CFMA members
- $105 for Non-members
If you plan to view this program as part of a group and need to earn CPE credit, please contact CFMA at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day before the start of the program.
Jim Untiedt, CPCU, ARM, CRIS, President, Penta Risk, an Acrisure Agency Partner